Living in China isn’t easy. I could write a huge post about all the dirty, disgusting and dangerous things I’ve seen happen here but not today. Here’s a list of some simple thing that make a day in China a little bit brighter.
- Saying something to a Chinese person and them understanding you the first time
- Boneless chunks of meat
- Being able to read and understand street signs
- The weather being good and your teacher playing a movie or Chinese TV instead of class
- S.H.E songs on the radio
- Crispy 1¥ notes
- Getting a seat on the bus for the whole journey
- New sets of animated stickers on Wechat
- When there’s a blue sky and sunshine
- Making new Chinese friends, especially the excited type who start planning all the cool things you’re going to do together
- When the green peppers in your dish are actually green peppers and not chilli peppers
- Only 30 seconds of Youku adverts instead of 60
- Hot rice
- When the price is so low there’s no need to bargain
- When there’s toilet paper inside the cubicle and hand soap in public toilets.
Are you living in China? What brightens your day? Leave a comment below.